Thursday, July 15, 2010

Poetry Night

After attending a poetry event earlier this evening I got the idea to post some poetry myself. I think this is something I want to start doing every Friday, or at least until I run out of material. Who knows maybe the pressure of a deadline will force me to stop procrastinating & transfer these ideas in my head to paper. So here is the first of hopefully many.


Direction

When our journey began
We started off as two souls
Together in one vessel
Traveling down the same road
With only one direction
Headed toward the same goal.
Everything seemed right
Until you left at the fork.
We went our separate ways
And got thrown off course.
The weather turned cold,
So everything went south,
But the words still felt wrong
The moment they left my mouth.
Signals got crossed.
That’s how we got off track.
Moving in my direction
Became taking a step back.
So now we can’t move forward.
Everything is downhill.
I thought the road was endless,
With you time stood still.
Now I want to push time back
In order to choose a new route,
Now that I’ve had time
To figure a few things out.
The world is upside down.
Everything is out of place.
Now love is a foreign concept,
An emotion from outer space.
I feel like I’ve lost my way.
My life has no progression.
You were once my compass,
But now I lack direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment